Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Almost There!!!

I'm a little over a week away from heading off to Japan for the whole school year! Woohoo!


She doesn't seem to care too much...

My family had a get-together/party for me on Sunday as a last hooray before I head off :) It was lots of fun to get together with my extended family and share a super cute cake!


It will be so strange not being at my normal college and at home for holidays this coming school year. However, I have been planning this experience for the past years and am over the moon excited that it is about to begin! I picked up yen from the local bank and have been doing shopping for light weight clothing, shoes, and other supplies. I have Outlander by Diana Gabaldon loaded onto my phone and ready to go for the 13 1/2 hour flight across the Pacific Ocean. It will be just a matter of days before I fly off to Japan (which stills seems hard to believe!) Packing everything efficiently is the biggest challenge right now so I have started pulling everything together.


I cannot wait to get to Japan, but for now I am just relaxing and knitting for the next week :) 





I'll post again when I am in Japan!

3 comments:

  1. Hi...!!! Hi...!!! Hi....!!!!

    As I write this, your flight is tomorrow!

    I wish you well... Be safe! Enjoy your year in Japan! Learn... Learn.. Learn....

    Lots and lots of hugs, hugs, hugs!

    "Nana"
    (Who blogs as "Tessa" at "Here there be musing" blog. So please don't blow-my-"name"-cover! -grin-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i know your name is Sophia, what an adventure you are very brave, and wow what a knitter, i wish I could knit I'll be a grandma in about5 or 6 months and \i don't knit awful of me, but wow it's so much fun to see a student as intelligent and daring as you are, bravo!!!! I'll catch up with your blog eventually lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophia
    Much luck on your studies in Japan ..
    That is a sweet cat
    So, you are a knitter , good for you ... I have not knitted in years but may try my hand at it again

    Take care and be well ...

    ReplyDelete