Saturday, August 30, 2014

Long Adventure Post Time

After a full week of adventures in Japan, I can confidently say that Kansai Gaidai is AWESOME! This has been the most incredible week!


 The week was spent sitting through orientation sessions, making lots of friends, and eating tons of great Japanese food! I had to take a language placement exam and register for classes as well as figure my way around Hirakata City. On one of the adventures trying to figure everything out, my friend/roommate Shawnae and I tried as best we could to find 枚方市駅 (Hirakata City Train Sation). It involved about an hour of wandering, a chat with a police man, and a bus ride to before we finally made it to the station. All was well, though, because there was a Starbucks across from the station haha! We bought electronic train cards, which are incredibly useful in Japan when using the bus and train system, and did some shopping. 



 Some comics from a convenience store- totally different from in America!

One night, we found an incredible little noodle shop! It's about a 5-10 minute walk from my dorm and had absolutely delicious udon! Nothing better than little hole-in-the-wall restaurants!


 Keeping with the theme of adventuring (there was A LOT of adventures this past week), one evening was spent taking the train into Osaka!


 A ferris wheel on top of a building in Osaka!





Once in Osaka, we headed for an all-you-can-eat sweets shop. You pay 1,500 yen (~$15) for 70 minutes of unlimited cakes, sweets, dinner food, and drinks!







After an epic 70 minutes of relentless cake eating, we all went to the Osaka Pokemon Center! It was filled to the brim with every Pokemon-related product imaginable. 




Of course I had to buy some things while I was there!



My Pokemon Center purchases!

School begins on Monday and I have officially gotten into all the classes I wanted- woo hoo! I'm sure there will be plenty more adventures to come as the school year officially starts! 

2 comments:

  1. A Ferris wheel, on TOP of a building!!!! Eeeeeek!!! ,-)

    70 Minutes of sweet-eating!!! I could handle that, more than the Ferris wheel!!! On and look at that cute hearts-all-over table setting!!! :-)))

    Ahhh, the orange and yellow Pokemon cuddly toy, only a mother could love. -grinnnnn- Yes, I know! You are saying; "Nana, go wash your mouth out with soap, for that comment!" ,-)

    Super that you got into all the classes, you wanted! Happy First Day of School! First day of your Junior Year At University!!!!

    Hugs,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pop" will be reading/commenting. As soon as I re-activate his old woodworking blog!

    He watches Facebook, and I do blog duty.

    Last night, near midnight, the pool started making NOISES. So he had to don his wellies, take a flashlight, and wander way down in back of the pool. In pitch dark! -sighhhhh-

    Guess what I said this morning?!? "Close the ^&((&&%% thing down!!!" It's time, anyway.

    Lucky you!!!! You will not be on hand, to help DRAG the pool cover on!!!! ,-))))

    Hugs,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete